Sunday, 8 May 2011

Easter 2011 continued!

We left Saturday afternoon for Pender, meeting Aunty Dell at the ferry terminal.  She had come via Tsawwassen and was catching a ride with us the rest of the way.
As always, the girls were ecstatic to see her.  They adore their Aunty Dell.

When Mum and Dad first bought the house on Pender there was the frame work of a decrepit old tree house.  It was always Mum's wish to rebuild it and make it something magical for her girls...her grandbabies!
Dad, bless his heart, honoring her wishes got to work on building the new tree house.  He had Terry Bridge help him with the frame work and design and then Brett and Dad finished it off over the Easter weekend.

It was a complete surprise for the girls.  The neighbors heard their shrills of delight when they saw it for the first time.  Not even I anticipated something quite so magnificent.  It has two stories for goodness sakes!

The door is by far my favorite part.  We love the little cut out star!!!

Bella exploring her new tree house!   
I know the girls are going to have years of fun memories in here.  I am sure Mum would be so happy with it.  She of course, would have had Laura Ashley curtains made for the windows and wainscotting put up inside but the girls will make their own mark in time. 

On Easter morning I got up before Sela and Isabella and hid eggs through the garden.  It was due to rain; I had to work quickly.  There were so many neat places to hide eggs and Danielle bought them these Lindt carrot chocolates which could be hung on different shrubs.

That Easter Bunny is so tricky!!!


We like to mix up the seasons in the Lacey house hold.  Notice the girls are wearing Christmas nighties while holding Easter Baskets.     

















Another fun weekend on Pender! We even let this passerby in for our Easter Dinner.  He was harmless enough :)

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the new look...

    That treehouse is unbelievable! Your Mum would be so pleased. I love the door too. Your girls are so cute in their Christmas jammies. Great memories here...

    E

    ReplyDelete