Monday, 23 May 2011

May Long Weekend

Brett was away this weekend.  He and Gerry went down to the Napa Valley the visit Martin at the French Laundry.  So the girls and I were flying solo!!  We decided to visit Pender for a night.  I picked Sela up from ballet and we drove straight to the ferry.  Although we were one of the last cars on, there was still lots of waiting at the terminal.
Getting restless in the car while waiting at the ferry.

I don't think you should teeter totter on that seat Sela...

...because you'll fall over!!!!
As soon as we arrived on Pender there was fun to be had outdoors.  The girls just love being outside on Pender.  I even had a relaxing nap on the beach while the girls beach combed.  However, it was brought to an abrupt end when Bella dumped water on me while I was sleeping...arrrrgggg!!!!!!!!  I also really enjoy watching them discover and play with toys that I had as a child.  Here is Sela using the View Finder, remember those?

Sela discovering the joys of toys from the '80's. 
The tree house is 90% complete now and the girls were very excited to start decorating it.  Pam gave them stars to hang inside and Dad gave them old trinkets, which they saw as magnificent decorations.  Here they are using the trailer to haul it all up to the tree house.  It's really just an excuse to have a ride with Poppa.

Can't you just feel the joy on their faces?

Getting a ride up the garden with Poppa.
The visit was short as I wanted to take the girls to the May Day Parade here in Victoria on the Monday.  It was the first time that I have taken them.  We walked down around 8:30am.  I put Bella in the stroller but Sela practically ran she was so excited.  We could hear the bands warming up as we approached Mayfair Mall.  We lasted about an hour and a half, then the girls got fidgety.  Just as we were packing up to leave, we ran into Laura, Jim and Amelia, from down the street.  They too had had enough and were meeting up with John and Max, from up the street, so we joined them.  Now with a larger group, we went for coffee and then fun at Topaz Park.

Sela balancing on a fire hydrant for a better vantage point.

Look at me Mom!
 
Not the most flattering shot of Bella, but sadly the only one I had of her from the parade.
Over all it was great weekend. We made the most of our girl time, even though we missed our Daddy. Needless to say the girls were exhausted, as this picture proves. 

1 comment:

  1. So sweet...love the pic of the girls riding in the cart to the tree house with Poppa. Great memories here Christie...

    ES

    ReplyDelete