Friday, 6 May 2011

Easter Weekend 2011

We started Good Friday with what I hope becomes the annual Easter Egg hunt on Lang!  Judith and I got the idea while watching our kids search through flowers, for who knows what!  It was a gorgeous sunny day and all the kids (Sela, Bella, Max, Amelia, Ava and Finn) were on the street ready to go.  They played in Judith and John's backyard while I surreptitiously hid the eggs along the street.   Mike called a group meeting & went over the rules...

"Watch for cars and only 10 eggs per child"
                   
and they were off!

"is this an egg???? Nooooo"
                                                          
  Little Max gets some help from his Grandma!
                                         

"Look Mommy, I found some!"
                                              

Even the grown ups got into it!

                                                      

We then sat around as a neighborhood and drank coffee & tea, while munching on goodies supplied by Judith.  I'd almost lost faith that this happens anymore.  Neighbors, being neighborly.  As the sugar high started to fade, we all took our kids home for some lunch...yeah, good luck with that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment