Sunday, 15 May 2011

Mother's Day

I woke up to the sounds of two little girls beside my bedside.  Both were so excited to give me their cards and school made gifts.  Bella had made a candle in a jam jar and a teapot card with tea bag attached.

Inside is a peppermint teabag!

Sela had made a card at school.  Inside was a note, it said, "I love my Mom because she makes me good food.  She makes me spaghetti and it's my favourite.  She is special because she bike rides with me!"
I always think it's interesting what their little minds feel are the 'special' things you do.  It's never the activities or the outings that take the most effort, but the simple day to day....like pasta and jarred tomato sauce and standing in the street, no matter what the weather, watching them ride their bikes. 

Brett made a wonderful Prairie style breakfast, then took the girls to run errands.  I had the house to myself for almost 3 whole hours.  A true Mother's Day gift!

The four of us then took a trip to the pink elephant park.
My Mother's Day Bouquet from the girls!

Hanging out on the the pink Elephant
Elsie was joining us for dinner.  So while Brett cooked, Elsie and I lounged while helping the girls with a jigsaw.
A total of 92 years of brain power working on this puzzle.
Cuddles with Grandma!



Slicing and dicing for our Mom's Day dinner!


Of course, I thought of Mom a lot that day.  But I think of her a lot everyday.  Danielle and I took a moment to appreciate how lucky we were to have such an amazing Mom.  I didn't release the balloons in her and Nanna's memory as Danielle really doesn't like the idea...only from an environmental viewpoint.  So, not wanting to upset her, we chose not to.  I'll have to think of something else to do instead.  But, I think just being a Mother and spending the day with my girls, enjoying them would have made Mom so happy. We honored her memory without having to do anything in particular.

Mom & I in the garden at 1 Beech Close



No comments:

Post a Comment